Th!nkTweet By Rajesh Setty – Wisdom in 140 Characters
Twitter proved that 140 characters are enough to express yourself to the world. Rajesh Setty proved that 140 characters are enough to say something smart and wise. He created a channel in his Twitter account – #ThinkTweet – where he shares his revelations about business and human relationships.
I am a young entrepreneur (although I am not so young in age) and I am still working to find my own way into business. I still haven’t reached the success I am aiming at but there is one thing I have learned. If you want to be great in business you have to be a great person. And Rajesh teaches me that. In his blog posts and in his Twitter posts I can always find provocative thoughts that make me think about who I am, how I spend my time and what I give to the world.
When you start asking yourself such questions you inevitably will find your answers and this is exactly what will make you a better person and this is what will bring your undertakings to successful end.
Now Rajesh has collected 140 of his Twitter reflections and put them in a small book. It is called #ThinkTweet Book 1: Bite-sized lessons for a fast paced world. This is 100% pure, high-quality wisdom and although he said that you can read it in 15 minutes, I do not recommend reading it so fast. I recommend you to take some time to look at yourself and to think about every single sentence after you read it. Or, if you find it so addictive, read it once, then think about it, then read it once again. Because this is not a book that you will read once and throw away. This is a book that you need to have by yourself and read it every time you need courage, direction and spiritual support for the things you do.
Here are a few quotes I liked very much:
- Vividly imagining a fantasy won’t make it a reality. You still need to work to make it happen.
- If nobody is listening when you are talking, shouting won’t help.
- If you are “faking it” so that one day you can make it, you are missing the point. It’s the journey that counts.
- When you become somebody, it’s easy to forget those that were with you when you were nobody.
- The ultimate fantasy: To expect spectacular results from mediocre efforts.
- If you are NOT in the middle of something important, you might be in the middle of a mess.
Rajesh Setty’s writings really helped me change my life. His blog, his tweets, his books. If you find these quotes inspiring – go buy the #ThinkTweet book! The value you get from it is immeasurable! And, as you can see from the title, it is going to be a series of books so we are going to have more…